As a United States adoption agency, CFLC offers assistance in the United States with domestic baby infant adoptions.
We at CFLC view adoption as an act of unselfish, unconditional love on the part of the birth parents and the adoptive parents. We recognize that the adoption process can be like wandering through a maze. BE ENCOURAGED! At CFLC we believe that if God has planted the desire in your heart to be a parent, a way will be made for that desire to be met. CFLC will assist you in beginning the process of alignment with the rules and regulations as set out by the State of Missouri, Department of Social Services, and Children's Division by:
- Conducting a Home Study which can be used domestically
- Or that can be used internationally using the Hague Convention requirements as well as the State of Missouri requirements.
- Assisting in an identified adoption or matching you with a birth mother, birth parents or child.
- Assisting in the facilitation of the adoption from beginning to end.
Do you qualify?
- If married, do you have a strong committed relationship?
- Do you meet the State of Missouri requirements for an adoptive parent?
- Do you have the means to provide financial support for a child?
- Will you raise a child in safe nurturing environment and provide for that child as if born to you?
- Will you raise a child in a Judeo Christian home with strong religious principles?
It is very intimidating for most people to start the process. Many parents with whom we have worked have previously been discouraged and overwhelmed by the process. They were told by other agencies that their chances of adopting were limited, that they were too young or too old, or that there were too few babies available to adopt. While adoption has very specific criteria to meet for adoptive parents, these criteria are not out of reach for most couples with a deep commitment to be parents.